Saturday, February 13, 2010

Go For a Dip!

Cash got a new rope toy yesterday and we had a blast playing with it last night! It's the little things like that that I never want to take for granted. =)
I think I have made 10 versions of this in the past 2 weeks just trying to find the best recipe. By golly, I think I've got it! Let me know what you think!


Creamy Spinach & Artichoke Dip

1 (10 oz.) box of frozen chopped spinach; thawed
1 (15 oz.) can of artichoke hearts
4 oz. (½ package) of cream cheese; softened
½ cup mayo (or ¼ c. mayo, ¼ c. sour cream)
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (not the powdery stuff you put on your pizza)
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon red pepper flake

• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Lay a clean, dry kitchen towel flat on the counter or table you are working on and then lay a paper towel on top. (Make sure it is a towel that you don’t mind messing up, as it will surely turn green.)
• Put the spinach on the paper towel (don’t worry about spreading it out or anything) and roll it up.
• Wring the spinach in the towel over the sink until the spinach is dry.
• Wring the artichokes the same way, then chop them up.
{You want to try to get them as dry as possible so the dip isn’t watery. Usually, to make sure they are as dry as I can get them, I lay them together on a plate or something, then lay a paper towel over them, then get another dry towel and fold it and press it down onto the spinach and artichokes.}
• In a casserole dish, add the cream cheese, mayo, parmesan, mozzarella, garlic powder, salt, and pepper flake and smash it all together. (I usually use the potato masher for this.)
• Add the spinach and artichokes and mix it all together really well.
• Put it in the oven for about 20 min, or until all the cheese is melted and bubbly. (I even stir it a few times while it’s in the oven.)

No comments:

Post a Comment