Sunday, January 31, 2010

Riscky Business

Since I posted the recipe for smashed taters the other day, I figure now would be a good time to post the jazzed up version. Jeremy asks me to make these with dinner almost every night, and the recipe is barely a month old! LOL! I do have to warn you tho, if you aren't a big fan of cheese, you probably won't like these potatoes too much.


Not So Riscky Potatoes

The first time I ever visited Texas, Jeremy and I flew to Dallas/Fort Worth one weekend in August 2008 to see Cross Canadian Ragweed’s Red Dirt Roundup. While we were visiting the Fort Worth Stockyards, we ate dinner at Riscky’s Steakhouse. Jeremy absolutely loves their “twice baked potato”. To me it just tasted like mashed potatoes with a ton of cheese. So when I tried recreating Jeremy’s favorite potatoes, that’s exactly what I did… I jazzed up some mashed potatoes. =)

(about 3 cups) smashed taters
16 oz Velveeta (it’s about half of one of the big blocks)
½ cup shredded cheddar
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
Sprinkle cayenne
Salt & pepper

• Preheat the oven to 375°.
• Basically I just cut the velveeta into chunks into hot mashed potatoes and add onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and just a little sprinkle of cayenne and mash it all up until the velveeta is melted. Then I pour it into a casserole dish and spread the shredded cheddar on top and bake it till the cheese on top melts and starts to brown a little. 

1 comment:

  1. These tators are the best. Try it let me know if you like them as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete