Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Nutty Naners

I apologize again for not posting lately, there has been SO much going on and it has been hard to find that time to sit down to write.



This recipe is one that I have been working on for a while. I have taken Ms. Cathy's recipe, and one that I had and kinda mixed them together. Then I made little changes here and there until it came out perfect. :)  I hope you all enjoy!


Banana Nut Bread

1 stick of softened butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs (beaten)
3 really ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts. whichever you prefer)

• Prehea oven to 250°.
• Cream together the butter and the sugar until it looks kinda like wet sand.
• Slowly add in the eggs, bananas, and vanilla.
• In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, then pour it into the wet ingredients a little at a time. (I usually do it in like 4 batches. I’ll mix in a fourth of it until it’s incorporated, then another fourth, and so on.)
• Once the wet and dry ingredients are mixed well, stir in the pecans (or walnuts).
• Grease and flour a bread pan and pour in your batter.
• Bake it at 250° for 2-3 hours. (I know that is a big gap of time, but really it depends on the batter. After about 2 hours I start doing the toothpick test every 20 minutes or so.)





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE banana nut bread! Gonna have to try this recipe-sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete